Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What's Wrong With So Many Young Adults Today??

Something came to my attention this morning that makes me so mad I could spit! The attitude of so many young people nowadays frustrates me to no end.

Wasn't there a time when someone who made it through high school by the skin of their teeth was grateful for a job?

Now, I know not ALL young people are like this. Some are being raised right and have good values and work ethic. But, I have to admit that I am seeing this trend of entitlement more and more. I'm trying to raise mine with a good attitude. I sure hope they don't turn out like little snots.

What prompts an 18 year old, barely educated, new to the workforce, still living at home in a low(er) income rural area kid, to say, "F-you. I'm not sweating for $9 an hour?"

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????? Seriously? Did I hear that right????

There are grown men here who are having to raise families on that, who are grateful just to have a job. What an ungrateful little brat! Oh my goodness.

People who actually make the sacrifice to go to school or learn a trade don't even get to start at the top of the ladder. What the hell did you do to deserve to? Hang out with your friends all night and sleep all day???? I guess I'm too old fashioned but I just don't see the logic. What has happened that so many people, young and old actually, think that they can have everything for nothing? How can you have the world without ever making any sacrifices and working hard?

True, there are some people in this world who SEEM to be getting a free ride. But the way I look at it, is it really free??? They've paid in some kind of way. We see alot of those people in the media. Look at the things that they do. The way they portray themselves. I'm sorry but I'd rather sweat and keep my soul than to sell it for a "free" ride.

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Oh girl! I feel the same way you do. That kid should be glad he isn't working in McDonalds for $5 a freaking hour. My husband makes only a few dollars more than that and he sweats and works his butt off. I don't understand this world of "entitlement" either. Honestly, its lack of parenting and lack of dicsipline, and lack of good old character training. And its a shame too. If that kid doesn't want that job, I am sure that there are plenty of grown men who would love to have a job to feed their families. And the worst part is that that kid's mommy and daddy are probably "sure proud of" that kid.
Shameful, just shameful

Andrea said...

I hate the "get something for nothing" additude. My neighbors have that!! (if you know who I am talking about!!). They always are looking for something for nothing. Teens are even worse! The trends of this world are horrible. Kids are lazy and getting worse!

Sheree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Motherofmany said...

i agree with you 100 percent! it seems like todays parents want to coddle their children until they are middle aged.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed