Monday, June 2, 2008

My Poor Husband

So, I blogged Friday about my feelings on softball. Well, wouldn't you know it. That same night, the dreaded thing happened. Bubba got hurt. Ugh....

So now I have a husband with a concussion, a broken jaw, a broken tooth and split gums.

This man is the most accident prone person. I should have known it would happen sooner or later. I know it was an accident and I didn't give him a hard time. I would never bully him into not doing something he loves just because he might get hurt. Not something like softball especially. It's not supposed to be dangerous! lol

Anyway, I had words with my mother over this situation Saturday morning. She was more worried about wether or not he'd be able to go to work than if he was ok. She's of the mind that you rule your man with an iron fist. Make him sit in a recliner 24 hours a day (unless ya'll are getting stupid drunk somewhere) as to not be exposed to any kind of potential injury in case, God forbid, he can't go to work and pay YOUR bills!!!! ***GASP***

Even if Bubba couldn't go to work, I would not turn to her to pay my bills so this makes it her business how????

And for the record, he DID go to work. After we got back from the hospital we slept for about 3 hours and he got up and went did some work for a senior couple in town because he knew they'd be waiting on him. I begged him not to but he did anyway. I sent Kaleb with him just in case. He could at least call me or 911 or something if he needed to. He ended up coming home within a couple of hours and going back to bed but still. It takes alot to keep this man down. He keeps me on my toes that's for sure. I just don't know what I'm going to do with him. It's a good thing he's so cute and I love him so much. ;-)

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Men, they always manage to get hurt!! I hope Bubba is okay!! It sounds really horrible! has he been able to go to work? If you need anything let me know!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed