Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to School......

It's that time of year again. This year I'm both happy and sad because my baby is going to school. I dropped her off this morning. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be but it wasn't nearly as easy as it was with the other two. This one has been attatched to me since the day she was born. It's just her personality I guess.

I went in with her and showed her where to put all her stuff. Then she saw puzzles and wanted to play so we put a couple of puzzles together. Then, the bell rang and I had to leave. Ugggg..... When I first told her I had to leave, she just said ok, but as I walked to the door she ran after me crying. The teacher's aide had to hold her so I could leave. It makes me cry but I know she'll be ok once she gets used to it. I just hope she starts having fun and doesn't cry all day. That just breaks my heart.
The other two are always ready for school. They love it. I'm so lucky that they're such easy kids.

My house is eerily quiet right now and I'm not sure I like it. This is the beginning of a big change in our lives. Nothing will ever be the same. No more babies at home, I plan to go back to work soon, the older two are so independent. When did this happen? On one hand I'm excited about it and on the other I'm not sure I'm ready for this!


2 comments:

Vintage Chicken said...

I hope she had a great first day of school?
After Bri's first day of Kindergarten she came home and told me that there were too many rules to remember and she didn't want to go back! LOL Oh well... she seems to have learned the rules and just today told me that she was ready to go back to school and that 2nd grade is going to be 'the bomb'? LOL HUH??? Did that come off of Hannah Montana? LOL

Andrea said...

I bet it's so weird not having little ones running around. Awh the peace and quiet. You should so come over to my house and enjoy some of the noise! LOL!! Where are you thinking about getting a job?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed