Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I thought I'd share our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with ya'll today. The kids are home today so I'm making them a treat. I had to send them outside first though!

I came across this recipe on the web years ago and it's been a favorite ever since.

1 cup (2 stick) softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 bags of semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. With your fingers, place golf ball sized dough balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.

I prefer the milk chocolate chips, of course the kids like the M&M's. I have both in the picture above. 1 bag of baking M&M's and 1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips. Any flavor chips work well.

Another tip: If you want to give your chocolate chip cookies a more interesting flavor, add a teaspoon or so of cinnamon to your dough. YUM It doesn't taste cinnamony but it gives a nice accent to the chocolate.

What's your favorite cookie?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, those look yummy and easy too!! I love oatmeal butterscotch. They are my favorites. Yummy!!

And i think it's silly that the kids had off today!!

Vintage Chicken said...

Yummy!!!
I've never tried the cinnamon trick in the dough - I'll have to do that next time.

I love M&M cookies ... takes me back to lots of great childhood memories.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed